[GNC] create desktop icons for GNC 4.9 Flatpak on Ubuntu

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:52:04 EDT 2022

Jeff,

Follow David Whitings suggestion creating multiple desktop entries in the file,
one for each separate datafile you need to open, changing the name in the Name
entry and the filepath in the Exec entry as appropriate.

You can locate/put the desktop file in your home directory at
/home/<user>/.local/share/applications/gnucash.desktop.

If you need it available to all users on the system you can similarly modify the
gnucash.desktop file at /usr/local/share /applications/gnucash.desktop to append
the additional entries to the file there but you will need sudo privileges to do
that. (There are a lot of multilanguage entries in the system file so it will be
simpler to create the single user entry in your home directory.

David Cousens