[GNC] Change account in Transfer column - how?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue May 3 10:41:25 EDT 2022

On Tue, May 03, 2022 at 02:24:52PM +0000, Gyle McCollam wrote:
>    Chris,
>
>    Yes, you can.  On my GnuCash, if you click on the "^" (actually it
>    points down) you get the chart of accounts from which you can choose a
>    different account.  It's worked that way as long as I can remember, but
>    I will say that I am using windows 11 and GnuCash 4.10.

I thought so, it's a bug that I have reported before (27 Nov 2021).
When I click on the arrow-up or arrow-down nothing happens.

My original problem (in November 2021) was that I didn't get the list
of accounts to select from when entering a new tranaction:-

    I've probably doing something silly somewhere but I can't spot what it
    is at the moment.

    While entering transactions into GnuCash today it sometimes offers no
    account in the 'Transfer' column so anything I do ends up in an
    'Imbalance' account.

    The up arrow and down arrow do nothing when it's in this state.

    The issue comes and goes and I can't see any pattern to it, I've never
    seen this problem before though.

    I'm running GnuCash version 4.4 on xubuntu Linux version 21.10.

What I am seeing now is essentially the same problem, the drop-down
list (or up) of accounts doesn't appear.

--
Chris Green