[GNC] Is there a report with transactions by date and accounts in columns?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed May 4 05:58:58 EDT 2022

On Wed, May 04, 2022 at 12:07:53AM +0800, Christopher Lam wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2022, 11:53 pm Chris Green, <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > My auditor wants a transaction report showing transactions in date
> > order one per line with the transaction amounts in columns according
> > to account name.
> >
> > Is there anything in GnuCash that can do this?
> >
> I guess the report intends to show the inputs and outputs into the company,
> you could use the income and GST statement report. Inputs and sales, and
> outputs are purchases. You can ignore the tax accounts. Then select
> detailed sales and purchase accounts in the display options.

Still no separate columns for accounts, what's wanted is something
like (needs fixed width font) :-

               Donations        Interest        MiscExpenses
01/03/21        £40.00
03/03/21        £25.00
07/04/21                                           (£23.00)
22/04/21                        £0.50
02/05/21        £10.00

etc. etc.

It doesn't have to have income and expense on the same sheet, in fact
one sheet for each might well make sense, avoiding the need for a way
to show -ve values (or some other debit/credit differentiation).

--
Chris Green