[GNC] Can one save report option defaults?

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu May 5 10:32:08 EDT 2022

>>> I find I nearly always change the same five or six report options
>>> every time I want a new report.  For example I nearly always want to
>>> select all accounts (at least initially) and I want the secondary sort
>>> key to be Date.
>>>
>>> Is there any way I can set up GnuCash so the report options always
>>> start with the values I want?
>>>
>> No there is not unfortunately.

If the report is still open (tab) it will be the last way you ran it.

Thus if I am running an "Income Statement" or "Balance Sheet" there a
while bunch of options I want to remain the same and a few, maybe just
the dates or date (for those two reports respectively) that I will
always want to change. So I go to the tab for that report and use edit
=> report options and just change the date. The rest of my non default
selections are still there.

What report specifically are you have the problem of options not
"sticking" if the report was left open << of course if you closed it and
are opening a fresh report, will all be default >>

Michael D Novack