[GNC] Is there a way to handle same-named GnuCash files sensibly?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu May 5 12:39:15 EDT 2022

On Thu, May 05, 2022 at 10:25:08AM -0400, Michael or Penny Novack wrote:

> So yes, I look at dates in file names as a very good thing. If like me you
> had lived through that "hell week" trying to get caught back up you would
> too.

I agree to an extent, it's just that the 'date as part of filename' in
my case is in the directory structure rather than the file name.  It's
not just for GnuCash and other similar sorts of things.  I have my
photo collcetion in a decade/year/month/day directory hierarchy.

So photos I took on 24th March this year are in:-

    /home/chris/pictures/2020s/2022/03/24

... and I can very easily find pictures I took on my school summer
holidays in the 1960s, and everywhere in between.

--
Chris Green