[GNC] QIF import error

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 23:24:52 EDT 2022

Shaun,

The android GnuCash app is not a part of the GnuCash application which is a desktop app. I don't know if it is still being supported by its original developer but it AFAIK was a totally separate development in Java.
The QIF format is defined in the following web pages to the extent it is defined
at all
https://www.respmech.com/mym2qifw/qif_new.htm#:~:text=A%3A%20The%20Quicken%20interchange%20format,that%20supports%20the%20QIF%20format
 and possible more definitively by W3
https://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/qif-doc/QIF-doc.htm or
http://moneymvps.org/articles/qifspecification.aspx. There is no standardized
format defined by and maintained by any organization.

David Cousens