[GNC] Fwd: Double entry directly to Equity

Bogdan sinovij at gmail.com
Sat May 7 11:55:46 EDT 2022

Any suggestions there?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bogdan <sinovij at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 4, 2022, 12:04
Subject: Double entry directly to Equity
To: <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to set up a  revaluation reserve account
directly in Equity so that I could do e.g. Dr Asset a/c Cr Equity.

About a year ago I was able to create an account in Trading and debit /
credit it directly from Asset and Liability accounts. However, now when I
enter a similar transaction the Trading account (second leg of the entry)
simply disappears and is replaced by Imbalance.

What is the appropriate way to make accounting entries directly to Equity
accounts (not retained earnings through PL)? Any idea why the above
approach no longer works?

Thanks!