[GNC] List of securities with Get Online Quotes

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon May 9 12:45:04 EDT 2022

Fred,

See my reply in your 'Hang' thread.

As soon as I got my second hang in GnuCash, I resorted to CLI, keeping
GnuCash Price DB open to check each of the symbols one-by-one.

F::Q/Alphavantage would hang on the CLI too for random symbols.
Sometimes it would instantly retrieve say USD->EUR, then hang on
USD->CAD, then on a subsequent try of CAD first, would retrieve it, then
several others, then hang on EUR. And I wasn't rapid firing the commands
either. I would intentionally wait a full minute before each request.

I never did resolve it as eventually all symbols caused a hang
(including those that should not: EUR, CAD, GBP) and eventually all
(even some old 'obsolete' currencies) gave me a quote via CLI, so I
couldn't determine which if any I should remove from the GnuCash Price list.

If these random hangs happen via CLI, then I doubt GnuCash is involved.
This is likely either an issue with F::Q or Alphavantage. (I didn't try
other sources after the above tries)

Regards,
Adrien