[GNC] default local currency

David Long davidvernonlong at gmail.com
Mon May 9 23:20:22 EDT 2022

I have been using GnuCash on a Desktop, and installed it on my laptop too. It was a messy installation , probably due to a hardware issue, so I did not go through a normal GnuCash routine for setting up a new set of accounts.  However, I managed to open GnuCash and upload the GnuCash data file I last used on the desktop and everything looked fine, except the reporting. It turned out that the default local currency  on my laptop (new installation) is USD, whereas I am working in Malaysian Ringgit and that is the default currency on my Desktop.

I searched high and low under preferences, but cannot find where to change the default currency, although I can see where to change the reporting currency to MYR. But having wrong locale currency may have an impact elsewhere that I cannot foresee.

Anyway I can change the Default local currency?

thanks