[GNC] Startup issue - two windows

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:12:55 EDT 2022

I'm not the original poster, but I have had the focus issue with GnuCash
for awhile now, maybe six months? I run the latest Flatpak release version
of GnuCash (currently 4.10+) on Ubuntu 21.10. Fortunately I DON'T usually
run GnuCash full screen, and my primary system has two sizable monitors.
When the dialog in back keeps me from proceeding, I have been able to scoot
the windows around (such as onto the other monitor) so that I can get to
whichever window is blocking the startup. But it's an annoyance.

I have not kept track of when, but it only happens maybe once every few
application launches; not every time. I suspect it must have to do with
some specific circumstance with the "since last run" dialog, maybe only
when it has automatically created a scheduled transaction? (Very few of MY
scheduled transactions create completely automatically -- most of mine
require some editing, such as the transaction amount, so I almost always
review them once created.) I also keep nine separate GnuCash book files for
different entities I manage, so it's likely it only affects one I don't
open every day.

Next time it happens I will make a note of the circumstances as best I can
and try to report back here. If someone has opened a bug, let me know so I
can subscribe to it.