[GNC] Startup issue - two windows

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed May 18 13:01:49 EDT 2022

In my original reply of suggestions to try, I was working on the
assumption that the user had inadvertently raised focus while the
controlling window was generated. The only way around that is to not
touch anything till all windows load.

But if a window that demands control is not also 'sticky' to the top of
the window stack, I'd think that is a bug. It might be a GTK bug, but
this might be a GnuCash bug if GC is using the wrong window type for
that 'controlling' window which is demanding user action before giving
up focus to other windows for the app.

Personally, I don't use full screen and *none* of the non-main windows
*ever* steal focus/control or demand user interaction before I can click
anywhere else. So perhaps there is something else at play.

Regards,
Adrien