[GNC] How to record giving gift of shares

Fred Tydeman tydeman.fred at gmail.com
Sun May 22 19:12:52 EDT 2022

I know what I need to do for tax purposes.
I do not know how to do the accounting.
I would like a report of all gifts made (FMV per asset per person) implies
need to record gifts somehow.
I would like a report of all gifts made (basis price per asset per person)
implies need to record basis somehow.
I see no need to record UnrealizedGains (unless needed to balance the
books).

I will leave original Equity:Opening balances alone and add
Equity:adjustment transactions (if needed).