[GNC] Quotes issue

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 28 19:42:56 EDT 2022

When I do Tools->Price Database->Get Quotes I get:

ERROR: ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY must be set for currency and quotes.
See
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes/#Source_Alphavantage.-2C_US

and yet:

steve at stevesdesktop:~/Downloads$ env|grep ALPHAVANTAGE
ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=D5IXXXXXXXXXXX

steve at stevesdesktop:~/Downloads$ gnc-fq-dump currency GBP USD
1 GBP = 1.2630887 USD

steve at stevesdesktop:~/Downloads$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo_json GOOGL
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: GOOGL                <=== required
      date: 05/27/2022           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 2246.33              <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
steve at stevesdesktop:~/Downloads$

I have all my quotes set up to use yahoo_json so what am I missing?

Steve