[GNC] Import is finding no matching transactions

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:27:53 EDT 2022

Aaron,

>From your description it sounds as though you have created sub-accounts of your
checking account to implement a budget process. If this is the case, it is the
opposite of normal accounting proceduress. To account for expenditure in a
specific category the generally accepted procedure is to create sub accounts of
Expenses for specific expense categories. You can get information on the
Budgeting features in the Tutorial and Concepts Guide
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/chapter_budgets.html and from
the wiki https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Budget_Requirements detailing a bit more
of the background.

David Cousens