[GNC] Getting stock prices

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:12:11 EST 2022

Be aware that AlphaVantage - the free version - has a built-in delay if you
are updating more than five stock prices. My updates were taking over two
minutes (I had somewhere between 10-20 prices to update). When I switched
to something else, it now takes seconds.  This is just a general reminder
(I know it does not answer the question).

The text below only matters if you are dealing in stocks not based on US
currency. There was a problem with getting updates from AlphaVantage if a
conversion had to be done because the exchange rate info that used to be
part of the free program was moved to the pay-for (premium) version. The
notice states that it has been moved back to the free version.

What stock price were you trying to update? I haven't had any problem
getting it to work -- but if you are using AlphaVantage, you need a (free)
ID code for it to work.