[GNC] Create New Gnucash File From Old One

Joseph Hesse joe.hesse at actcx.com
Wed Nov 9 14:45:34 EST 2022

On 11/9/22 02:55, Geert Janssens wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>

> In order to help you, can you describe exactly what you have tried and
> what went wrong ?
>

> Regards,
>

> Geert

Thank you for your reply.

Here is what I have done.

I used "File -> Export Account Tree to CSV" to create a CSV file which I
then imported into a new file. The new file is the same as the old one I
exported from but it has no transactions.  This is what I expected.

I then opened the old file and did "File -> Export Transactions to
CSV".  I chose the single account I wanted to export and got my exported
CSV file.  Although not necessary, I opened the CSV with LibreOffice
Calc to verify I had the desired transactions.

I next opened the new file with no transactions and did "File -> Import
Transactions from CSV".  On the Import Preview Screen I chose GnuCash
Export Format and changed the date format to mdy.  Doing this allowed me
to go to the next screen.  At this point I am stuck.  I am supposed to
Match Import and GnuCash accounts but no amount of trial and error
allowed me to go to the next screen.  How do I proceed?

Joe