[GNC] Bank of Amerca OFX transaction downloads (broken)

Lincoln A Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Tue Nov 15 21:40:27 EST 2022

Hi,

I've been using the aqbanking interface for downloading transactions in
GC for years.
My last successful transaction downloads were on 10/28.

When I just tried, it failed, with following in the log:

   AqBanking v6.2.10.0stable
   Sending jobs to the bank(s)
   Sorting commands by account
   Sorting account queues by provider
   Send commands to providers
   Send commands to provider "aqofxconnect"
   Locking customer "1"
   Sending request...
   Connecting to server...
   Resolving hostname "eftx.bankofamerica.com" ...
   IP address is "171.161.102.26"
   Connecting to "eftx.bankofamerica.com"
   Error connecting to "eftx.bankofamerica.com": Connection refused
   Could not connect to server
   Network error while sending request
   Unlocking customer "1"

Has anyone else experienced issue with ofx download from Bank of
America in the last 2 week?

Nothing has changed on my end. When I called the bank, I learned that
there was a software release on 11/11 "related to issues involving
quicken, quickbooks, ..."
I asked the associate I talked to open a tech ticket.  She said it
would take a week for them to get back to me.  I'll report what I hear
if I hear.

If you use ofx transaction downloads with the Bank, try it.  If its
broken for you too, call the deposit's customer support line (on the
back of your debit card). The more calls the faster it will be fixed.
They prioritize issues by the number customers affected.

Lincoln