[GNC] How do I install recent version on Ubuntu?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 22:48:32 EST 2022

On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 at 00:20, David H <hellvee at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can either compile it yourself  (
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building_On_Linux) or use the pre-compiled
> flatpak version (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak) otherwise you're
> stuck with whatever is packaged with your Ubuntu release. I use the Flatpak
> version - so much easier :-)
>
> Cheers David H.

Thank you. I did see information on the web about using flatpack, but it
was not mentioned on the GnuCash website, so I was a bit reluctant to take
that route.

I will install the flatpack for now. I might look at the possibility of
adding some cryptocurrencies if I built from source code.

Dave.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom