[GNC] Customer or vendor and multiple currencies

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 13:22:54 EST 2022

Being in the UK, I normally deal in GBP, but I will accept payments in USD,
Euro etc too. Sometimes a customer pays me first in one currency (typically
USD), then at a later date there's another transaction in GBP.

A particular vendor in Hong Kong I always used to pay in USD, but now he
invoices me in HK dollars.

By each vendor and customer one selects a currency, Should that be edited
as needed, or would should one create multiple copies of the one customer,
billing them in different currencies as appropriate? For example, if
"Foobar Electronics" pays  sometimes in GBP and someones in USD, should I
create two different customers, such as "Foobar Electronics USD" and
"Foobar Electronics GBP"?

Dr David Kirkby Ph.D
Email: drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk Web:
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Kirkby Microwave Ltd (Tel 01621-680100 / +44 1621-680100)
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT.