[GNC] can't find gnucash on my computer

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 17:18:16 EST 2022

Sally,

GnuCash has advanced considerably since release 3.11.  If your Quicken file
is large you should expect to find that the migration process has lots of
bumps and may be very time consuming.  Then the migration to a more current
version of GnuCash in a different OS would be additional work.  I suggest
postponing the Quicken import until after you have release 4.8 or newer of
GnuCash running in whatever OS you are planning on migrating to.  GnuCash
runs nicely in several different flavors of Linux.  I am running 4.8 in
both Lubuntu 22.04 and Ubuntu 22.04.

David Carlson