[GNC] Fwd: Accounts for UK Vat need updating since the UK left the European Union

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 03:44:08 EST 2022

On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 at 04:16, David T. via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> Presumably,  Dr. Kirby will still have transactions in those accounts, in
> which case hiding the accounts and making them placeholders would be the
> proper approach.

Personally I don’t use them, as I am not VAT registered, but I might well
become, so that was my reason for looking at the account structure for UK
VAT.  But other users might well have transactions in those accounts. It
would obviously not be desirable to mess things up for others.

> As for the template, Frank's advice is appropriate. I believe his warning
> about being sure is sarcastic; regardless, the template should be changed
> to reflect the world as it is, so changing is in order.

Yes, I took the comments the same way as you. Unfortunately I would not
feel comfortable making a pull request with git. I have only git to
download software - never for uploading patches or similar.

> As I have never used the templates, I'm not sure what those changes would
> look like, but the changes could be as simple as removing the lines in
> question (139-149, for example?)  from the source file.
>
> ⁣David T. ​

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom