[GNC] Should one use Accounts Payable if a vendor is paid immediately ?

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 28 06:19:56 EST 2022

On 2022-11-27 19:37, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> Personally, I use the Description field for *all* of my transactions as
> a Payor/Payee line. Actual descriptive info I put in the Notes and/or
> Memo fields.
>
> In that case, I can simply run a Transaction Report filtered on the name
> of the Payor/Payee and see the desired activity.

The trouble with that is that the text fields aren't validated. It's
fine if you never, ever, make a typo; but I'm not perfect. If I make a
typo in an account name, I know it immediately and can fix it. But if I
mistype "Some Vendor" as "SomeVendor" or "Some Vendoir" I may not
notice, and then any report that filters on Description will be incomplete.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com