[GNC] How can I enter all fixed assets?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 20:18:00 EST 2022

I want to start using GnuCash for a company I set up several years ago. The
company has some assets - mainly electronic test equipment. Let’s
hypothetically assume

VNA £1000
Signal generator £500
Frequency counter £250
Calibration kit £2000

Total is £3750

Is there a way of entering the individual items into GnuCash? I realise
that I can create an account

Assets -> Test equipment

with an opening balance of £3750, but that doesn’t itemise individual
items.

It would be a bit tedious to create accounts for every item individually

Assets -> Test equipment -> VNA
Assets -> Test equipment -> Signal generator
Assets -> Test equipment -> Frequency counter

and set each to have an appropriate opening balance.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom