[GNC] getting price quotes

aeg aeg21212-forum at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 18:32:36 EST 2022

 Hi David,
Thank you for your detailed response, which is very helpful.I've tried updating the Finance::Quote as you suggested, but it appears that some prerequisites are missing, so I need to investigate how to install those, and will try again tomorrow if I have time. I've downloaded the latest version of Perl, and feeling my way with this.
You're right when you say that I ought to upgrade GC to the latest version, and I would normally have done that routinely through the versions, but I experienced substantial interface changes when I upgraded from 2.6 to 3.5, which took a significant amount of time and effort to resolve, so I've feared further trauma with subsequent updates and resisted installing them while the software has been working well. I will update as soon as I find the time to deal with any undesirable consequences!
Regards,Alan