[GNC] Reconciling subaccounts

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Oct 6 14:17:02 EDT 2022

Thanks for the details.

I'd say this is a bug, as the expected result would be to have the
reconcile status of sub-accounts updated.

You should file that on bugs.gnucash.org

It *might* be designed that way however. I could be wrong, but I think
the idea for this feature is to be used for 'virtual' sub-accounts that
are used for segregating funds in your own books, but not actual
multiple real-world accounts with an institution.

The parent is the real account in such a case, so that might be why it
is the only one marked reconciled with a date. (it is the only one with
a statement to reconcile against)

In your case, you seem to be trying to reconcile multiple real accounts
through a placeholder parent. But GnuCash doesn't know that. (or
'reconciling' non-institution accounts, such as Expenses.)

Until it is 'fixed' or changed, I guess your option is to continue to
reconcile-finish the sub-accounts to update them, or else just reconcile
them all individually rather than together as sub-accounts.

Regards,
Adrien