[GNC] CSV transaction import settings

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:28:17 EDT 2022

Hi David

On Windows 10**, there is a directory called:

C:\Users\{YOUR_NAME}\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash\books\

Which contains a file for each set of books called:

{BOOK_NAME}.gnucash.gcm

In that file, there are, inter alia, sections for your saved CSV Import
configurations that look like this:

[Import csv,transaction - {BLAH BLAH}]
Name={BLAH BLAH}
SkipStartLines=1
SkipEndLines=0
SkipAltLines=false
CsvFormat=true
Separators=,
DateFormat=1
CurrencyFormat=0
Encoding=UTF-8
MultiSplit=true
ColumnTypes=Date;Num;Description;Transaction
Commodity;Action;Account;Deposit;Price;

** So, on Linux you will need to find that file using something like this:

sudo find / -name {BOOK_NAME}.gnucash.gcm -print

Hope this helps.

Regards

Geoff
=====