[GNC] Problem with missing balance in a parent account

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 12:43:09 EDT 2022

Good Morning,

BRAND NEW to the list, have been using GnuCash on my Ubuntu system for
over 20 years, this is the first problem I have encountered that I have
not been able to resolve.

I discovered that the balance amount that should appear in a the parent
account for my bank is missing. Therefore I am unable to do this month's
reconcile.

The account was proper last month, and I was able to balance my
checkbook successfully. In the meantime I upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
from 20.04 LTS every thing seems to running properly, otherwise,
including GnuCash.

Today when I tried to reconcile my bank account I discovered the amount
of the balance is missing and the reconcile button is grayed
out(naturally since nothing shows).

All the sub accounts point to the parent account and when I list my
accounts the balance appears there and is correct.

What happened and how can I get it back?

GREAT PACKAGE!

Help please, thank Yyou
Jay
--