[GNC] Gnucash invoicing and payment - questions on process

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 13:49:13 EDT 2022

So, in case 1, the invoices just show up as paid; however, the excess 500
should show up in the student account.

I'm not sure how the accounts are laid out... if there is an account for
each student, and then below are the R1, R2, etc, then you could credit the
2500 to the student account, pay the 2000 invoice, and that student's
account would still show a $500 credit. You may be able to create a report
just on the student reports with non-zero  balances to see the state of any
credits.

I think the above would also work for case #1 -- you'd credit the student
accounts with the gifts and pay the invoices from there.

Or, perhaps I am totally at sea.