[GNC] Price update not working

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 01:58:45 EDT 2022

I just installed GnuCash on Ubuntu 22.04LTS (it is version 4.8 from the
Ubuntu Software area).

On a different Ubuntu, I had an older version running, and back then, price
updates were working. I managed to mess up that gnucash Linux install, so I
haven't been updating quotes - I've been using GnuCash on other operating
systems, and since it is a pain to get the quotes working on them, I
haven't bothered.

But now that I have a nice shiny Ubuntu, I have installed gnucash and
thought I'd attempt to update prices. I merely get :

"ERROR <gnc.scm> There was an unknown error while retrieving the price
> quotes."

I have Finance::Quote version 1.51 - it was installed along with GnuCash 4.8

Notes:
- The reason I mentioned running updates some time ago (pre version 4.0, I
think) is that perhaps I need to do something in the securities editor? I
think that I no longer own some of securities tagged to get updates, but I
wouldn't think that would be a problem...

- I remember reading something about ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY - the debug text
prints it as empty (for what that's worth)

--
Richard Losey
rlosey at gmail.com
Micah 6:8