[GNC] Problems upgrading to 4.8a

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Oct 10 15:14:04 EDT 2022

Phil,

I'm sorry I stopped responding on this thread. I ran out of time and also out of things to
suggest. This is the first time I have ever seen the situation where dconf-editor and gsettings
(cli tool) work fine and gnucash doesn't.

So far gsettings issues have always been the result of missing schema files or an old set
being found before the proper ones.

So the only clue left for now is to figure out exactly which schema folders gnucash checks.
That's why I was looking for a way to print the contents of variable XDG_DATA_DIRS gnucash
sees while starting.

Do you still have the file
$HOME/.config/gnucash/config-user.scm
With the contents to print XDG__DATA_DIRS ?

If so, can you run gnucash from the command line as follows:

gnucash --no-file --logto stderr

And post the result that's printed in the terminal here ?

Regards,

Geert