[GNC] GnuCash Tools>Online Banking Setup NOT working for me

Shiv Jhawar shivjhawar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:28:38 EDT 2022

Hello,

Please help.

I am using for the first time:
GnuCash Version: 4.12
Build ID: 4.12+(2022-09-24)

I select: Tools>Online Banking Setup> Start Online Banking Setup> Start
AQBanking Setup> OFX-DirectConnect backend>Run>Bank Name>Select a bank
(matching banks NOT shown when I type in Bank of America)

I am not able to setup  Bank of America Checking account for Actions>Online
Actions>Get Transactions despite hours of efforts. "Not Responding" shows
up whenever I make any selection from the top menu.

I followed this link:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect

Bank Name: Bank of America
FID: 5959
ORG: HAN
Server URL: https://eftx.bankofamerica.com/eftxweb/access.ofx

User Name: Shiv Jhawar
User ID: sjhawar7
Client UID

The user has been successfully setup. You can now try to retrieve the list
of accounts...

Enter Password: I entered my password

Requesting Account List:
Screen pops up showing:

07:08:04 Sending request...
07:08:05 Using GnuTLS default ciphers.
07:08:05 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES-128-GCM:AEAD
07:08:05 Waiting for response...
07:08:05 Parsing response...
07:08:05 Status for signon request: *General error (Code 2000, severity
"ERROR")*
Error other than those specified by the remaining error codes. (Note:
Servers should provide a more specific error whenever possible. Error code
2000 should be reserved for cases in which a more specific code is not
available.)
07:08:05 Status for account info request: General error (Code 2000,
severity "ERROR")
Error other than those specified by the remaining error codes. (Note:
Servers should provide a more specific error whenever possible. Error code
2000 should be reserved for cases in which a more specific code is not
available.)
07:08:05 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

Please *see attached screenshots.*
*I get the following error:*

*Error on executing job*
*Status:enqueued (1)*