[GNC] GnuCash Tools>Online Banking Setup NOT working for me

Glenn Serre gaserre at spiresoftware.com
Tue Oct 11 10:59:32 EDT 2022

Good morning,

To add to what Gyle said, even though I recently made a mildly
successful attempt to get aqbanking working with Bank of the West
(BOW), I have decided to stick with downloading monthly qfx files that
match my pdf statements.  In addition to Gyle's reasons, what I like
about this is:

- OFX direct connect support for non-Quicken applications is iffy.
The old ofxhome info for BOW does not work, and I had to get the
client id from the quicken logs. BOW tech support was unhelpful.

- BOW seems to only support an old version of the OFX protocol (I was
hoping to get check images using OFX 2.0).

- The downloaded qfx files provide a way to reconstruct my accounts
should anything go wrong with my gnucash db.

- If I detect in the reconcile that I messed something up, the
matching statements help me resolve the issue.

-- Glenn S.