[GNC] Accounting for a pre-paid electronic toll card

devaps at asia.com devaps at asia.com
Tue Oct 18 12:24:16 EDT 2022

You can treat it like a pre-paid card, so it resides under Assets.

So you have -

Assets->Bank Account
Assets->Toll pre-paid card
Expenses->Toll

When you top up the card, record a transfer between the 2 asset accounts above.

When you pay toll, record a transfer from Assets->Toll pre-paid card to Expenses->Toll.

Cheers.