[GNC] Enhancement request: multi-currency accounts

William Prescott will at theprescotts.com
Tue Oct 18 21:10:43 EDT 2022

I have a somewhat more chaotic organization. Almost all my income is in USD and almost all my expenses are MXN. I have a top level Expense account for Pesos and another for Dollars with lots of subaccounts under them.

I have multiple bank accounts in both currencies and quite often have transactions with one side in one currency and the other side in the other currency. I transfer money between banks both within and across currencies. And occasionally I will spend money in one currency that is reimbursed in the other. GnuCash handles it all really cleanly, but it did take me a little time to figure out how it worked when I started.

Will