[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 235, Issue 46

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:29:34 EDT 2022

>* - BUT: For income and expense accounts, multi-currency accounts seem to be
*>* a total disaster. Why? Because all PAST transactions on both income and
*>* expense accounts will be valued at the CURRENT exchange rates.*

Simply recording value in local currency works for me. You can add a
note/memo with original currency if required but I don't bother now.
If conversion happens at a different date then a transaction is
required for that date.