[GNC] Unable to import CSV with charges and payments

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 19:18:08 EDT 2022

I have found that some financial institutions do not structure their CSV
files with opposite positive or negative values for charges vs payments.
Then it becomes a challenge for GnuCash to make the differentiation for
us.  It might be necessary to pre process your file by changing the sign
for one of the types manually before importing it.  I am "lucky" that the
one such company that I import from also exports in QRM, oops, I mean QFX
format, but it reverses the sign for both charges and payments in that
format.  Oh, well.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 5:42 PM R C <myplaybsemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I import a csv with both charges and payments.  When I try, it only
> imports one type and puts everything in there.
>
> --

David Carlson