[GNC] Display report values in whole curremcy units

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 08:03:35 EDT 2022

On 9/2/2022 1:43 AM, Richard Gaede via gnucash-user wrote:
> I would like to be able to print reports which display numbers in
> whole currency unit values. I have experimented with Preferences which
> only allow going to 1 decimal place. Even when I do that,registers and
> reports still display 2 decimal places.
>
> Is what I want to do achievable in Gnucash? If so what am I missing?
>
> Advice appreciated.
>
> Thanks & regards

I really do understand, since I was required to do some filings "whole
dollar".

BUT ....... are you sure any automatic "whole dollar" would work
properly? The reality is that (rounded A) + (rounded B) does not
necessarily = (rounded (A+B)). So whenever I need to report "whole
dollar" I have found it necessary to "fudge" one or more entries to make
everything that must be equal to be equal. In my case, not only did the
report being submitted have to be in balance but had to start with the
previous year end figures.

If you have to present the report "whole dollar" you might be better off
doing that manually during editing of the report, so you don't have
something looking like

Expenses A, B, and C

     Expense A       7

     Expense B       3

     Expense C       2

Total                  11   (not 12 as you might expect)

Michael D Novack