[GNC] Problems upgrading to 4.8a

Phil Wolff adiabat at centurylink.net
Sat Sep 3 15:21:05 EDT 2022

   I was running Ubuntu 20.04.4 and whatever GnuCash version was available
   in that release, and all was well. Then, around the middle of August
   when 22.04.1 became available, I upgraded and GnuCash was updated to
   4.8a. Clicking the desktop icon, which used to present my database
   page, now opens a largely empty window titled "Unsaved Book - GnuCash."
   Selecting Tutorial or Contents in the Help menu either does nothing
   visible or pops up a window saying, "Document Not Found. The URI
   ‘[1]ghelp:gnucash-guide’ does not point to a valid page." I eventually
   determined that I could access my data by selecting the "File/Open…"
   menu item and navigating to the data file in the .gnucash folder of my
   home directory. Although sub-optimal, this worked for me until
   September 1 arrived and none of my first-of-the-month scheduled
   transactions were posted. This suggests that something vital that
   needed to happen during the move from the older version of GnuCash to
   4.8a ... didn't. Anyone have any ideas? Any help will be greatly
   appreciated!