[GNC] A new start - somewhat strange

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Sun Sep 4 07:23:06 EDT 2022

Thanks - that helped me to do the next step:

    Just create a new file:

    File -> New File

I followed the recommendations, at the end I gave a name, and should
download everything to C:\Program Files
(x86)\gnuucash\bin]\spf-total.gnucash

BUT I got: ...may be on a read-only file system ... you may not have
write permission... or your anti-virus software is preventing this action.

Why? So what next?

I see the whole range of directories have been created:

*Assets*

*Expenses*

*Income*

*Liabilities*

but I cannot save what I created.

I beg to be aware that I do not have any people around (in the Cambodian
countryside, where I live) whom I could ask here...

But I still have a previous unsolved question: Why did I have to take
action (thanks for the advice!), initiating the creation of New Files -
is this not part of the setup? Any problem on my side?

Thanks for the help - we start moving.

Norbert

=