[GNC] Mutual Fund Dividend After Sale

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 5 12:59:06 EDT 2022

You deleted the account holding the fund after selling it?

Otherwise, and unless you marked it 'hidden' it will always be there.
Having activity in it doesn't change that. But you wouldn't have
activity in it anyway from a dividend.

What *exactly* do you mean by 'reappearing in my account list' and by
'screwing everything else up'?

A Dividend receipt would normally be between some asset account ('bank'
or a brokerage cash account if direct deposit, 'undeposited funds' if by
paper check) according to how you received the money, and an
Income/Revenue account, say 'Dividends Received'. The FundXYZ account
shouldn't be touched at all.

Regards,
Adrien