[GNC] Issue Opening GnuCash in versions above 4.9 on Windows 11

Richard Clarkson rtclarkson at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 10 12:04:28 EDT 2022

I previously posted (some time ago) about an issue opening GnuCash following
upgrade to a newer version. I decided to wait to see if a newer version
would overcome my problem.

I am on a Windows 11 PC, and am able to use GnuCash 4.9. I have tried
updating to GnuCash 4.10 and 4.11, unfortunately when  I try to open the
gnucash.exe on anything above the 4.9 version then nothing happens (it
doesn't make any difference if I start as an Administrator or not). Windows
thinks for 2 seconds and then does nothing. I can see no GnuCash processes
in Task Manager. Once I revert to version 4.9 everything works as it should.

I have tried downloading from sourceforge and GitHub, in case there was an
issue. I have tried turning of my Firewall and antivirus, but same issue.

Did something drastic chance be between version 4.9 and 4.10 or is there
anything else I can to see if I can overcome this problem? It's getting to
be quite frustrating!

Richard