[GNC] CSV Import Problem

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:55:32 EDT 2022

There is a huge amount of flexibility in the CSV importer, and it has been
working well for a long time.

It is far more likely that there is an error in your configuration or the
source file.  Did you start with a small test file with just enough
transactions to verify that your configuration is doing what you expect?  I
am not familiar with Moneyspire so I don't know if you have many accounts,
perhaps a mix of assets and liabilities that could provide further
complication.

We would need more specific details to help you further.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 6:05 AM <cavery at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am running GNUcash version 4.11 on Windows 11.
>

> I have created a CSV file from Moneyspire and I want to import this into
> GNUcash however many of the credits to the bank accounts are treated as
> debits and debits treated as credits but not always.  I have inspected the
> CSV file with Excel and also Wordpad and it looks fine.  It would appear
> GNUcash has a problem with CSV files.
>

> Regards
>
> Charles Avery

David Carlson