[GNC] Wrong Regedit key in Wiki for setting MRU maxfiles on Windows version 4.11

Vincent Dawans dawansv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:58:42 EDT 2022

Was happy to see it is now possible to change the number of recent files in
the menu as per instructions in the FAQ
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_have_deleted_a_gnucash_file_from_my_computer._How_can_I_remove_that_file_from_the_File_menu.27s_short_list_.28MRU.29_as_well.3F

However the FAQ says to create a DWord in
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\GSettings\org\gnucash\history

Although I do have a history key in that location, it seems to have been
created from an earlier version. In the latest version 4.11, it was moved
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\GSettings\org\gnucash\GnuCash\history
(notice the double \gnucash\GnuCash\)
That is where I had to create the DWord for it to work

I get a sense that the registry tree might have been moved by mistake with
an added GnuCash level in the recent version but that's where it is as of
version 4.11 on Windows. If possible please update the FAQ to mention this
second location based on version number

I have been using gnuCash for years but this is my first email to the list.
A big thank you for all the hard work.

Vincent Dawans