[GNC] Date error running report from gnucash-cli, report runs fine in GUI

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:06:22 EDT 2022

Hmmm

I've just tested a saved report (Transaction Report) and it worked OK:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnucash-cli" -R run --name "Saved
Report" --output-file "C:\Temp\SR.html" mybudget.gnucash

I tested both hard coded specific dates, and the same relative dates as
you (Previous Quarter -> Today) - both worked OK.  I am running GnuCash
v4.8 on Windows 10.

What next?

You could experiment with the debug settings (see the --help for
gnucash-cli) but unfortunately I lack the knowledge to tell you which
modules to debug.  This worked (but told me nothing meaningful):-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnucash-cli" -R run --name "Saved
Report" --output-file "C:\Temp\SR.html" --log gnc.backend.file.sx=debug
--logto "C:\Temp\SF.txt" budget2021.gnucash

Whereas "--log gnc=debug" generated a 100MB log file before I terminated
the process.

This is a long shot, but you could try saving the report with hard coded
dates to see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Geoff
=====