[GNC] Mea Culpa

G R Hewitt hewittgr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 05:48:08 EDT 2023

Concerning the year end discussion, which I have been following,
my input was to mention that the manual stated that if you close the books
the report totals may be different, and I postulated that this was so as I
had
tested it and indeed they were different QED.
However, as the discussion progressed, I began to doubt my conclusions and
went to
investigate further, and found that after 'Closing' the books, then opening
each report and running a 'Clear All' accounts and then 'Select All'
accounts then 'Apply', the reports- P&L, TB and BS all reported correctly.
This is most pleasing, as I am definitely a 'Close the books and draw a
line under them' person, and it was a 'mind splinter' not to have
everything zeroed at start of year.