[GNC] Command line quotes still not fixed

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Apr 9 05:31:59 EDT 2023

What you get is not an error but a warning. In your case it's superfluous because as you say
you don't have currency rate quotes. So it adds some noise for you but should otherwise
work (barring the other bugs we're fixing in the online quote retrieval area).

However for users that would have currency quotes but omitted to set an AlphaVantage key,
not getting the warning would leave them puzzled.

I agree it's currently a bit of an all-or-nothing approach but that can be refined eventually. A
good improvement would be to check whether currency quotes are requested and only then
emit a warning for a missing AlphaVantage API key.

That would be an enhancement request for you to file though.

Regards,

Geert