[GNC] defining key strokes

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Mon Apr 10 08:48:56 EDT 2023

Both MacOS and Windows are case-preserving, case-insensitive
filesystems. This means that when you create a file or directory, the
case (upper or lower) of each character is preserved in the name.
However when looking for a file or directory the case doesn't matter
"GnuCash" and "Gnucash" are equivalent. One can create a case-sensitive
filesystem on MacOs if desired, although the system volume should still
be case-insensitive as there are many applications that assume the
filesystem is case-insensitive. Linux has a case-sensitive filesystem
which allows one to have a /home/user/GnuCash and /home/user/Gnucash as
2 different directories.