[GNC] Printing bug in GnuCash 5

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 13:36:10 EDT 2023

> Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com>
> Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2023 6:14 PM
> I'm finding that on the SECOND page of Transaction reports,
> there's often a line at the top that overprints the second line at the top
> of the report. I don't see a problem on page 4, 5, etc., just page 2.

On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 6:06 AM Murugan Muruganandam <
m.muruganandam at hotmail.com> wrote:

> In File Page Setup reduce the Bottom Margin to 7 (or any lower number
than the default) and try it out

> Saludos Cordiales
>

> Murugan

Greetings, and thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I do not have
any margin adjustments in the print dialog for Ubuntu 22.04.

For tax purposes I generally use the "print to file" option and print to a
PDF, and the bug affects the PDF copies. I haven't experimented much with
printing directly to a printer, but maybe it happens less on an actual
printer,

Although the print dialog doesn't give any options for margins, just a
"scale" (percentage size) adjustment. Just in case that's what you meant, I
just adjusted the scale to 93%, and the text did NOT overprint on the
second page, but it DID cut the line in half (half printed on page 1 and
half on page 2).

Fortunately, if I really need a report to print correctly, I can copy it
from the on-screen report, paste it into a word processor document, and
adjust table columns and fonts until it looks right.