[GNC] set up Gnucash on a new device

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 16:54:49 EDT 2023

Christopher,

Just a bit of Gnucash mailing list etiquette - please use reply all to keep
everything on the mailing list so anyone following this thread is across
everything :-)

As you'll see at the bottom of your properties screenshot that you sent me
you have a security warning - typically when I see these and I trust the
file in question I would check the Unblock checkbox and then ok on the
popup and then double click the file to try again.  Not sure if this is
part of the issue or not. I have a vague recollection that when I
originally installed on Win 11 (it was a awhile ago now) I got the same
sort of error but clicking on "No" on the store prompt and trying again
allowed it to install - but not sure on that anymore.

Glad you got it working anyway.

Cheers David H.