[GNC] How to run Year End Procedures for the Tax Year (UK end 5 April 2023), and start new Data set for the New Tax Year starting 6 April 2023

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Tue Apr 11 10:41:35 EDT 2023

> /path/to/gnucash --nofile
>
> That will invoke GnuCash without any Book/Ledger open, but you will
> have the four most recentl entries in GnuCash's File menu, so you can
> choose to open whichever one of the four you want to, rather than
> having to hard-code any particular file at every startup time, or, as Stan
> mentions, get the last one you worked on by default.
>
> There's probably something similar in windows-land.
>
> HTH
> Kevin

<<In Windows>>

Of course there is.  End users usually just left click shortcuts, don't
think about what that shortcut IS.

But if you right click the shortcut and choose "properties" from the
menu you get to see what it IS. Among other things you will see "target
type", "target location", and "target" --- the last will be the line
left clicking the shortcut will submit << me, being from mainframe days,
think of as "submit to the internal reader"

Anyway, you can edit that "target" line to add the parameter --nofile to
the end  (after the .exe")

Michael D Novack